This course teaches the essential communication skills that will bring success in both the workplace and at home. The primary aim of this training course is to enable participants with an understanding of the impact that their communication skills can have on others, while exploring the different ways in which developing these skills can make it easier for them to succeed in the office and beyond.
Number of days for Essential Communication Skills Course
Personal Development Units (PDUs) / Continuing Development Units (CDUs)
This two-day training course includes:
- Identification of common communication problems
- Developing skills to ask questions
- Learning what their non-verbal messages are saying
- Developing skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
- Enhancing the ability to handle difficult situations
- Dealing with situations assertively
Course Outline & Agenda
Course will be conducted over a period of 2 days, starting from 8:30 AM and ending at 4:30 PM* daily, with allowances for short refreshment breaks and lunch break. For in-house courses, timings can be customized by mutual agreement.
Creating Positive Relationships
Growing Our Self-Awareness
- Do You Question Your Competence?
- Developing Confidence
- Case Study: New Neighbors
- Common Barriers
- Applying the Answers
- Being Mindful
- Asking Good Questions
- Pushing My Buttons
- Can You Hear Me?
- How Do You Rate Your Listening Ability?
- Active Listening Skills
- What is Said and What is Heard
- Communication Situations
- What Do Our Bodies Say?
- Dichotomies in Theory
- Dichotomies in Action
Creating a Positive Self-Image
- Seven Things People Determine from Your Appearance
- Pre-Assignment Review
Frame of Reference
Techniques for the Workplace
- Prepare, Prepare, Prepare
- Testing Our Theories
- Delivering Your Message
- Case Study: A Negative Image
- The Assertive Formula
- Expressing Your No
- Recommended Reading List
- Post-Course Assessment
- Pre- and Post-Assessment Answer Keys
- Personal Action Plan
At the completion of this training program attendees will each be awarded, PMI Endorsed Certificates worth 14 Professional Development Units (PDU’s) and 14 CDU’s.