If you and the people who work with you don’t understand where the company is going, they may all develop their own priorities and actually prevent you from getting where you need to be. Part of getting everyone on board is creating a strategic plan complete with the organization’s values, vision, and mission. Then, there’s the challenge of bringing these principles to life in a meaningful way that people can relate to. This three-day course will help you describe what you want to do and get people where you want to go.
Number of days for Strategic Planning
Personal Development Units (PDUs)
Strategic Planning Course Objectives
This three-day workshop will teach participants how to:
- Identify the values that support their company
- Define the vision for their company
- Write a mission statement that explains what the company’s purpose is
- Complete meaningful SWOT analyses
- Apply tools and techniques to create a strategic plan that directs the organization from the executive to the front line
- Implement, evaluate, and review a strategic plan
- Identify how related tools, such as the strategy map and balanced scorecard, can help them develop a strategic plan
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CEO’s, COO’s, new and existing managers, team leads, operations managers, project managers, program managers, technical managers, chief officers, department heads, human resource managers, training managers, supervisors, and anyone aspiring to move into a leadership or management role.
TRAINING METHODOLOGY, OBJECTIVES AND KEY BENEFITS
This Strategic Planning Workshop employs a combination of lectures (via PowerPoint presentations), assessements, simulations, tools, guides, and case studies to help leaders master the principles and skills in each topic area.
Strategic Planning workshop course in Islamabad
Course will be conducted over a period of 3 days, starting from 8:30 AM and ending at 4:30 PM daily, followed by a lunch buffet. There will be allowances for short refreshment breaks.
*For in-house courses, timings can be customized by mutual agreement.
Understanding Strategic Planning
- What it Does?
- Making Connections
- Pyramid Structure
Identifying Our Values
- Pre-Assignment Review
- Creating Value Statements
Designing Our Vision
- The Vision Process
- Defining Your Vision
On a Mission
- Defining Your Mission Statement
- Designing a Mission Statement
Performing a SWOT Analysis
- What is a SWOT Analysis?
- Individual Analyses
- SWOT Ratings
- Fitting into the Plan
- Goals with SPIRIT
- Getting Into It
Assigning Roles, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities
- Who Does What and When?
- Establishing Priorities
- Problem Solving in Action
The Full Picture
- Who Reviews the Plan and How
- MakPutting It into Practice
Making the Change
- Getting Ready
- The Three Phases
- Control and Change
How Does It Look?
- Planning for Problems
- Making it Great
- Sample Strategy Map
- Sample Balanced Scorecard
Mocking Up the Process
- Recommended Reading List
- Post-Course Assessment
- Pre- and Post-Assessment Answer Keys
- Personal Action Plan
At the completion of this training program, attendees will each be awarded, PMI Endorsed Certificate worth 18 Professional Development Hours